Here is the baby blanket I wanted to make for Simon before he was born. I originally ordered yarn for it in January 2010 (on my birthday to be exact). It would have given me about 6 weeks to make it once the yarn arrived. But it never came. I contacted the yarn company and they said they would ship it again. Still it never arrived. I tried calling them and emailing them and never got a response. I finally had to contact my bank in order to dispute the charge for merchandise never received. I had decided that it wasn't meant to be and put the pattern back on the shelf to collect dust.
Shortly after Simon's 1st birthday I came across the pattern again and decided to make it anyway. I ordered some yarn again (from a different company) and started working on it in April 2011. Just shy of a year later, I finished it last night. It was put on the back burner for more pressing projects and I finally got around to finishing it. Of course, it's way too small for Simon but would make the perfect carseat blanket so it's going to find a home with one of the many expectant moms that I know.