While getting ready this morning I noticed something. While in the shower, I washed my hair with Dove Moisture shampoo. I then used Dove soap. When I went to get dressed I used Dove deodorant. How did a product brand sneak into my everyday use without me noticing. I don't think I consciously bought these products just because of the brand name, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
In looking at this blog, I see that it's been over a month since I've made a single post. I'd like to think it's because I'm super busy and important but I'm not. Heck, my friends Beth & Tyler just had a baby a few short weeks ago and they both manage to blog regularly. I guess I just haven't made blogging a priority. I tend to go through spurts where facebook fills my desire to communicate with the outside world, but even over the last few weeks I hadn't made very many updates except for photos of Simon. In a nutshell, here's what I've been up to the last month or so:
1. Knitting - I'd been knitting like a feind for a while there, finishing up a sweater for Baby Nolan, a new pair of socks, a Kindle cover, and working on a new double knitting technique. Now I've rebounded and I haven't knitted in a week. The project that I started, the Annette short sleeved sweater (sorry, it's a ravelry pattern so most of you won't be able to see it), is too ambitious with a toddler around, so I'll have to pick a new project and come back to the sweater when I have less distractions. That'll be in about 5 years or so!
2. Simon Stuff - a lot has been going on with Simon in the last month. He turned a year old this past month, got his shots, got sick (it was either from his shots or roseola), and he's begun to cruise around the furniture in earnest. As of tonight he's SO CLOSE to crawling, but he's still not there yet.
3. Car Issues - I had my first car accident at the young age of 41. I rear ended someone less than a mile away from home. Luckily it was only a fender bender since Simon was with me. Since newer cars have completely molded plastic bumpers there was a lot of cosmetic damage that needed to be fixed so I was without a car for 2 weeks.
4. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - A little over a week ago I decided I needed a gaming fix and popped this into the Xbox. I haven't played this one yet, and I'm quite enjoying it even though it frustrates me at times. I'm not the most coordinated game player. I'm sure I'm quite comical as I throw my whole body into trying to get a character to jump. Let's just say I kill my own character A LOT.
5. A Game of Thrones - It's the first book of the Fire & Ice series by George R.R. Martin. I got this on my Kindle a few days ago and started re-reading it in anticipation of the next book in the series coming out this summer. They've also made this first book into an HBO series. Not having HBO is a bummer. I'll just have to wait and eventually get it on Netflix.
There, now you're all caught up so let's see if I can keep up with this a little better.